Friday, July 30, 2010


Greetings from Puerto Rico!

After 10 hours of travel, I have arrived to a very warm and humid San Juan. Since my arrival I have had more misadventure than I thought possible all courtesy of my hotel!

I'm staying at the Caribe Hilton, in their "villas." It's just a regular hotel room, nothing fancy. I am still trying to figure out what exactly makes it a villa, there are no cabana boys? The grounds at the hotel are beautiful. The pools and the beaches are very clean and inviting. This is my first experience with humidity at this level so jumping into the water has been extremely appealing. Overall I think it will be a nice place to live, however the staff is not as friendly or helpful as I thought they would be for a Hilton.

My misadventures started with a kitchenless room. Not a huge deal however I would like to be able to bring lunch and prepare healthier foods. Let's face it, I am here for the long haul. After attempting to secure a new room I was shot down and told to try again in the morning. Upon waking I found that the door to my room had been pushed open and only the metal bar across the top had prevented entry. YIKES is right my friends! No explanation from my hotel, no apologies. They shrugged it off. When I arrived home from my first day of class I found that my room was left unlocked and open. YIKES AGAIN! No apologies, but I did get an offer to have hotel security come up and survey my room to see if anything was missing. Needless to say tomorrow I will have a new room and if all else fails I will abort ship and find a new hotel. They do have 56 more nights to redeem themselves. Where are Paris and Nicky when you need them?

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to this - hope you get to do lots of exploring!

    ReplyDelete